Another Beautiful Day In Blingy-Ville!

Friday, November 16, 2007

A Date With An Angel...

Last night, I took Lauren on a birthday date! She will be 5 going on 15. I wanted to take her out, just the two of us, and spend some time together. It's very rare that I get one on one time with my nieces and I am VERY grateful for that! But once in a while I think it's important to have some quality time together. I've decided to start a new tradition and take my nieces out on their birhtdays. So here we are... at the beginning of out date.

Now, for someone who has a dog that is practically a child to her... it's terribly hard to find a good baby sitter. But alas, I found a PERFECT baby sitter for Lola. I knew she would get an evening full of games, giggles, and adventures with her care taker.

I don't think you could find a better baby sitter with a face like this...

So after we were sure that Lola-kins was in good hands... we were off! On the way, Lauren talked a lot about school and her upcoming birthday. I think she is just a little excited! She decided the mall was our destination and a new outfit was her birthday wish. We conveniently walked right past Mrs. Cavanah's Chocolate Store and we quickly stopped and backed up a few steps to pick up a little bit of heaven. Then we were really ready to shop! We found a GREAT outfit and she was so excited! But what good is a cute outfit with out the perfect lip gloss? We were on the hunt. Lauren happened to see our dear Santa and wanted to watch him from afar for a little while. She started asking me all these questions about Santa, the wheels in her head were seriously turning. My response "Welp, we better get finding that lip gloss!" So we were off again. Finally, we found the perfect shade to match her new outfit. All that shopping made us two VERY HUNGRY GIRLS! Lauren picked Cafe Rio for dinner. If any of you want to plaster a smile on her face, you order that kid a quesadilla and a root beer and you are golden! She was SO excited! Here we are eating some YUMMY food!

After we had stuffed ourselves, we caught each other yawning... we were pooped! So back to the house we went. She was beaming the whole night. It meant the WORLD to me to have just a couple hours of her attention to myself. I will never forget it! Happy Birthday Lar- I love you babe!

1 comment:

B-Ry, Tiff N The Mads said...

Seriously that is the cutest thing ever!! It brought a tear to my eye! You are the best aunt in the whole world! I just hope that I can be that great to my nieces and nephews.