Another Beautiful Day In Blingy-Ville!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Camping: OH BOTHER!

Well, I'm sad to inform you that our first camping trip was a total DISASTER! I worked so dang hard too! Three days of shopping, packing, cleaning.... all to get up to the stupid mountain to have a baby cry all through the night, factor in puking, thrashing, whimpering, diarrhea, fever, and crankiness. What does that add up to? A camping trip that lasted less about 20 hours. We had to turn around, pack everything back up, drive all the way home, clean the camper, unload, and nurse our sick babe back to health. We felt SO bad for him. I hadn't seen him that sad and miserable since his brush with RSV at 3 months. Anyway, he is doing much better now. Here's hoping that our next camping trip is a little more successful, and a little longer for pete's sake! Here are just a couple pics we got in our short trip...
Kaicee and mom. Kaicee looks like she went WAY to fast on that 4-wheeler! Love the hair! and the tongue sticking out... per the usual! MUAH little girl... I LOVE YOU!
Grandpa and Danzer with his spiffy car-harts... which 20 minutes later were removed because of RIDICULOUS amounts of diarrhea. Sorry for you week-stomachs and non-parents our there. Kids bring disgusting to a whole new level!

8 comments:

Tanner and Kristin said...

WOW! You are blogging again...and I'm so dang excited about it. I love, love, love Danzer - diarrhea, puke and all. Love his guts - and yours too! Miss you already!

KINDER LOVE said...

Bummer! I'm so sorry! I'm glad he is feeling better now!

Lisa said...

I hope your next camping trip will be much better!! those pics are cute though:)

The Yoder's Five said...

Poor kid and poor you having to deal with those messes away from home!! Once again, I'm sure you're glad to have a PA handy when you need one...

Anonymous said...

Oh Kelly, that is a total bummer...there is nothing worse than a sick baby...unless the mom is sick at the same time, that really is worse. Sorry you had to cut your trip short come home, but it is prob better you did...better luck next time eh? HOpe to see you soon!

things we love... said...

Hey, hey... it is so good to have you back in the blogging world!! I have missed you!! Oh my gosh!!! I am so sorry for the poor little guy!! Give him lots of loves from me!! That breaks my heart!!! Good thing he has the best mommy and daddy to love on him!! I miss you like crazy!!

The Bulkley Bunch said...

Danzer,

The other Danzer is getting so big. It makes me sad to think that I have never seen him.. we are coming the 2nd week in August for Jake's 10 yr. High School Reunion and Ehler Family Reunion. Can we come see you? I miss you like crazy! Princers...

Sue said...

Your camping trip sounds horrific but you will have a great memory for future "around the campfire" story telling! I too have been caught up in fb and can't seem to get my blog going. You've inspired me...I hope to action!
Your pictures are adorable! Love them!