Another Beautiful Day In Blingy-Ville!

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Our GINORMOUS Update!

Alright, so life is crazy right? My blog has taken a back seat to our hectic life these last 6 months. I can't think of a busier time in my entire life. We've been through every emotion possible and what an adventure it has been! Most of you who read our blog know all about our spastic life... but I want to document this so I can come back and read it in a year and wonder how we made it! I guess I will start with the beginning... you might want to get a drink or a snack... you could be reading this for a while!
December 2009: Just preparing for all the Christmas festivities and awaiting our exciting trip to Thailand and arrival of our baby girl in April with NO CLUE of what is about to hit us. December 24th, we decide Hayden needs to look for another job.
January 2010: Hayden finds out about a job in Junction Texas and proposes the idea to me.... um no. I'm not moving to Texas but thanks for asking.
January 8, 2010: Hayden flies to Texas just to check out this job. Falls in love with it. Oh my.
January 15, 2010: We fly to Texas together and I find Junction to be charming and so cute. We both feel so good about this move. I have a few spells of lack of oxygen as I realize that we are moving to Texas. Is this really happening?
January 18, 2010: Hayden signs a contract with his new job. We are officially moving to Texas and break the news to our families. WOW is all I can say. We put our house and farm on the market and schedule the moving truck to arrive 4 days after we get home from Thailand.
January 30, 2010: We fly FIRST CLASS (seriously amazing!) across the world to Bangkok Thailand and spend two AWESOME weeks. I was 7 months pregnant and dealt with the heat pretty well. Here are a few pics:



















February 14, 2010: I turn 29. Really? We arrive home as excited as a kid on Christmas Eve to see our Danzer man! We drive home to the farm and meet up with my parents. I have to say goodbye to my mom and dad as they leave for Hawaii for a month. Terrible.
February 17,2010: We sell our house and farm. Cash buyer. Seriously God had his hand in this transition!
February 18, 2010: The moving truck arrives. Goodbye farm house and farm. Many tears.
February 21, 2010: We say goodbye to my sister and her family and Hayden's family. One of the hardest days of my life.
February 22, 2010: We pull out of Ferron Utah at 6am. I'm 8 months pregnant. Danzer is 1 1/2 and we road trip it to Denver for a conference. I get to spend time with our cousins. Awesome. They confirm that living far away from family is really hard, but also very rewarding for your marriage. We still feel so at peace with our decision.
February 25, 2010: Still road tripping. We don't make it 20 minutes outside of Denver until both Danzer and I have puked. Yikes. We learn that evening that a dear friend from Thailand has passed away. So sad.
February 26, 2010: We roll into Junction Texas! Feels like home already! We are so excited... until we learn that our moving truck is a week behind us. Hayden threatens death upon the company. And I quote "I am going to kill you!" in which the operator responds "Sir, would you like to call back when you are calm and can talk about this." Not one of his best moments, but we laugh about it now. He has to pull the car over so that I can get out and walk around to take a breather. Seriously having a panic attack. The Best Western becomes our home! It really wasn't too bad.
March 6, 2010: We move into our new house!
March 8, 2010: Hayden starts his new job and I put the house together. Did I mention I'm 8 months pregnant and Danzer is 1 1/2? WOOSH
March 10, 2010: Finally settled. Awaiting our new baby girl's arrival and the visit of my mom and sister
March 31, 2010: Jacki, Tracy, and Uncle Brooks come for a visit! So much fun to have our first visitors. They love Texas!
April 5, 2010: The Behling crew leaves. :(
April 16, 2010: I awake at 4 am with strong gas pains. Said gas pains never subside. An hour later I realize I'm an idiot and said gas pains are CONTRACTIONS! Mom and sister are scheduled to come in 4 days. Really.
April 16, 2010: 5:20pm.... this beauty joins our eternal family:
April 17, 2010: My mom is able to change her flight and comes to save the day! YIPEE!
April 18, 2010: We go home. So nice to take our baby home!
April 20, 2010: My sister flies in. Again, YIPEE!!! Have such an amazing week with my beautiful new princess and my mom and sis.
April 26, 2010: My dad and Ollie arrive in Texas. WOOT WOOT!
April 27, 2010: My sister leaves. I kinda have a meltdown
May 1, 2010: All the family leaves. So sad to see them go. I start to wonder if I can do this staying at home thing by myself with no help.
May 3, 2010: Hayd goes back to work, first day at home. Pretty easy. I can do this!
May 22, 2010: We celebrate our 6 year anniversary and spend our first evening away from both kids and indulge in a wonderful shrimp dinner and some chocolate cake to die for!
June 3, 2010: We put an offer in on a NEW HOUSE! Offer accepted! WOW!
June 5, 2010: We fly to Utah.
June 6, 2010: We bless Ellys! (more pics on an upcoming post)
June 8, 2010: Hayden flies back to Texas for work. The kids and I get to stay in Utah until the 21st! New pics of all the Cornell cousins are taken. Look for those in a new post.
June 21, 2010: Jacki and I fly back to Utah with the kids. Sad to leave.... but good to be home
June 23, 2010: Daine, Steph, Kaicee, Grandpa Jack, and Grandma Lorraine fly to Texas! Danzer Jack, Ellys and I have checkups. All is good in the hood.
June 27, 2010: All the family except Jacki leave. :(
June 28, 2010: Jacki paints the entire new house, I pack and unpack our stuff. It was a very tiring 4 days!
July 3, 2010: Jacki goes home. So sad.
July 4, 2010: We are finally settled. Pics of the new place on the next post!
July 7, 2010: I'm exhausted just thinking about it all. What a ride! Life is so fun and adventurous with my Hayden. Wouldn't want it any other way. All I can say is that God lives, He watches out for us, this is all truly His plan and we couldn't have done it without his comfort and the AMAZING support of our wonderful families. We miss them all more than we can say. But, here we are, and Texas is our new home!

3 comments:

The Yoder's Five said...

Whew! You guys have had a hectic 6 months! I'm so glad you did this post because there were a lot of things (trip to Thailand, Ellys' blessing, etc.) that I knew had happened but didn't know the details.

Are you guys done moving for a while???! I hope so! Your new house looks awesome!

Allie Finch said...

What a trying experience--& what a beautiful life you have! We love you all.

Amber said...

Oh my goodness!! Do you feel like you have been in a whirlwind...what a crazy 6 months!! You family is beautiful and I so glad you are doing well and are settled. Seeing your pictures makes me think Jon and I need to go to Thailand...what an amazing place! He talks about it all of the time....amazing.