Another Beautiful Day In Blingy-Ville!

Monday, October 25, 2010

Hi.... I'm a bull snake... and I would like to eat your first born...

Now, I've blogged about the bugs before. But nothing, I mean NOTHING, makes my skin crawl more than a snake! They just freak me out to no end!
We found this lovely thing in our yard a couple days ago. Here is the story:
My good friend Ang was over for a visit. When she stood up to leave, I got up and looked out to her car. For a split second I thought "why is the garden hose wrapped around Ang's tire?" Then, I realized it was a GINORMOUS 3 foot long snake. I squealed and screamed like only a girl could for my dad (my mom and dad are here visiting). My dad came running thinking there was something terribly wrong with the kids.... um no, I just spotted a snake.
So out we all go to kill this beast! I made my dad get a shovel and chop it's head off. Only in fear that it might try to make friends with Danzer in the near future. I felt really bad watching it struggle for life... but, then again, thinking of running into it was more than I could take. So beware all you snakes out there.... come to my house and you will end up like this!

2 comments:

Tanner and Kristin said...

Holy crap! Holy crap! Holy crap! Holy crap! That is soooo large-and-in-charge. Ewwwwwwwwwww. I'm reconsidering my next visit to Texas ;) Way to go, Poppies...chop 'em til they're dead!

Anonymous said...

I really cant believe you are celebrating killing a harmless snake that isnt even big enough to eat full grown rat let alone your kid. These snakes are essential to helping control the rodent population in the wild so dont be suprised if you now find more mice around your house.