Another Beautiful Day In Blingy-Ville!

Monday, October 25, 2010

What's kept me going....

First off, I have to say THANK YOU to an amazing husband who has really picked up all the slack for the last few weeks. Hayden, I couldn't have done it without you. And THANK YOU to my awesome sister, mother in law Jacki, and my parents for coming to Texas to nurse me back to health. And lets NOT forget, my dear friends of Junction who pretty much rock! God has sent us here for a reason and now I know why... because I needed to meet all of you and we needed to become great friends! You know who you all are...
And last but not least, THANK YOU to my wonderful son and daughter... who kept this mama smiling every day. Take a look at this pic and you can see why.
I've always been a healthy kid. I've always been thankful for my health... but I didn't truly realize how lucky I was until this last month. When I got back from Utah I told Hayden "I just don't feel right, somethings wrong!" So I went up to my DR and asked her to do a blood panel on me. Come to find out I was severely anemic. I had no idea it could effect you so badly... but I was in a tough place. Within two days of going to the DR I was in bed and couldn't even gather enough energy to crawl out of bed. It was a long process, full of hard decisions. Do I get the blood transfusion or do I wait? After a lot of prayer, I decided I needed to wait and give my body some time. So my family flew down here to the rescue. They took care of my kids and house so I could rest. I really couldn't have done it without them and without my amazing friends. I am SOOOO lucky to have all of them. After a few weeks of resting and very painful iron shots, I'm happy to report that it's significantly up! I have a ways to go, but I am definitely on my way to being the healthy old me. YIPEE! THANK YOU EVERYONE!

4 comments:

The Yoder's Five said...

First of all, your kids look ADORABLE...second, I'm so sorry you've been sick for so long! Several weeks of no energy with two little ones...Ack. Thank goodness for your family. And doctors.

PS. I also love your door and that is a huge snake!

Tanner and Kristin said...

What? Snake?? I better keep reading your blog...if I dare! Love you so much and am so glad you're feeling better. Those are the cutest babies ever. Give those red and black striped thighs a few squeezes for me!

Jessie said...

I hope you are back on your feet 100%. I struggle with Anemia myself, and it is no joke! But I had no idea it could get to that point. I have felt awful from it before, but blood transfusions! That is scary! You are a trooper! And your kids and little office area are adorable! Love the unique chair!

things we love... said...

I am so sorry that you have been so sick!! I am so glad that you have such great support!!! Your kids are getting so big! They are absolutely darling!!!!! Also, a SNAKE... what the???? I hate snakes!!!! I love the office!!! It looks fab!!! I miss you and your beautiful family!! Love you!!