Another Beautiful Day In Blingy-Ville!

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

ROAD-TRIP!

After a sweltering ride from Layton, Hayden and the girls were bright red in the face when they arrived at our apartment in SLC. Lauren proclaimed "I've sweated all the way through my shirt!" But, we quickly threw them (and their car seats, mom) in the Accord and we were off. We cruised into Sandy and picked up BreAnne and Wrigley to complete our traveling pack. And then we were off; two cars, two kids, two dogs, and a couple crazy adults! Hayden drove separate in the silver bullet with no AC and no CD player. But we were destined for the farm-fresh country of Ferron. As we followed Hayden, my girls graced us with tunes, chat, and a few cries of "How much longer to Ya Ya's?" It was a FANTASTIC road trip! Bre and I chatted about almost everything while the girls "Scrumbled" in their coloring books. The weekend was so great. My mom and I took the girls to Orangeville days where I got to catch up with a long lost friend Chanel Childs. I have wondered about her often and it was so great to see her. It's so fun to reconnect after loosing touch. She is one of those girls that you can just pick up right where you left off. Hayden and Pop Pop fixed both cars while we were off playing (seems unfair doesn't it?) But when we returned I was sure to supply them with never ending ice water and iced tea. With no help on my end and dumb questions such as "What's that screw driver called with the X on the end again dad?" For being such a tom-boy growing up, I sure didn't absorb much information in the tool department. Hayd and Dad worked all day and our cars are perfect! Later that night Hayden, Mama Jacki and I went to the Cleveland Days fireworks where we "Ahhhed" and "Ohhed" until our hearts were content. They were some of the best fireworks I've ever seen. Sunday was a relaxed day of sleeping, eating, and traveling back home. I saw my sister for the first time in 3 weeks on Monday and as she answered the door I squealed with excitement because of the little belly that is showing. It's really going to happen! Another baby girl! We distracted the girls from all the construction work in the basement by taking them to Grandma Ollie's for swimming. Later that evening my parents, Kris and Tan, Ollie and Pear, and the swimming gang gathered around Ollie's famous George Forman for a delicious BBQ. Our entire family on my dad's side can fit on one small patio. You can't help but look around and realize that your entire life is all right there together. Our family is so small but so close. It was a great evening. And as always, Lauren hung out with one of her new best friend...It was a great weekend full of family, hugs, kisses, laughs, sleeps, and good eats. You can't find a sweeter place in the world than in the company of those you love.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Sounds lovely...so glad you had a great time:) That last picture is sooo cute!The babies are ready for another visit whenever you are...Jenny