Another Beautiful Day In Blingy-Ville!

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Another Ollie Update

Ollie and my mom met with her Oncologist yesterday. Ollie says she's in love. Stars were flying. She is SOOOO funny, she makes me laugh so hard. Her doctor was so great with her and told her he would be with her the entire way. The news was good and bad.

Ollie's cancer is stage 2b (almost a 3) on a rating scale of 1-4. I guess the tumor removed was quite large and actually started on her skin outside the breast tissue. It migrated inwards to her breast and moved into her lymph nodes. He predicts the cancer was there over a year. Her treatment will be radiation for 5 weeks, every single day. She will also have to take medication. Although she is extremely healthy, he felt the chemo wasn't a good option for her. He said she had a GREAT chance at beating it. But, the sad news, it will inevitably return. He says anywhere from 2-8 years and they don't know where. He will be watching her very closely and help her fight. I am so grateful this doctor gave her hope. And a little spice :)

Last night, we went to dinner with her. She looked at my sister and I, and her girls and said "you've given me so much reason to fight and go on." and then she looked at me and said "especially September." It was one of the sweetest moments of my life and I will never forget it. We need her. My baby needs her. We love her more than I can explain.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

ooh, tears in my eyes. So sweet Kelly. My love for my grandma was so strong as well--it is just hard to explain that bond isn't it?. Anyway, so glad your Ollie will be here to meet your precious one. We are looking pretty forward to September too:) Love ya, Jenny