Another Beautiful Day In Blingy-Ville!

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

That ain't no etch-a-sketch, this is one doodle that can't be un-did home skillet!

Toast anyone? So yesterday was one of those BAD DAYS! Seriously, do you ever have those days where EVERYTHING goes wrong? Well, it started with me waking up late. I was almost ready for work and my stomach was on the fritz. I thought "I better have some toast before I yack." So I walked into the kitchen, threw a couple pieces of toast in the toaster, and walked back to my bedroom to get changed and make the bed. After I was completely ready, I got a whiff of something burning. I ran back into the kitchen to find it ENGULFED in smoke. Like, serious smoke. The toaster had broke, and wouldn't release the toast. I unplugged it and ran the toaster out to the back walk. I opened the doors and all the windows and used a towel to sweep the smoke out of the basement. It was horrible. Realizing I was going to be late for work, I ran upstairs and told my sis of the incident. I hopped in my car and I was off to work. Needless to say, my clothes, my hair, even my hands REEKED of smoke. It was the longest day at work. I stunk SO BAD. Not to mention, on the way to work, there was an accident on the freeway. So while sitting at a dead stop I decided to add a little powder to my nose. The compact broke and makeup went ALL OVER my black pants and the seat of my car. URGH! When I finally got home last night, I used vinegar and water to scrub the cupboards and floors, used baking soda on the carpets, and febreezed the heck out of the basement. It smells pretty fresh... but there is still that hint that will take a couple days to air out. After cleaning, I was dying for a shower so I hopped in. My sis, Tan, and the girls went to Rio for dinner. I stayed home (freshly out of the shower) and sat on the couch and cried. Yes, cried. I miss my husband and I felt SO BAD about the stinkin' toast. I am a disaster when at my sisters. I swear I always manage to ruin or break something. So I plugged in Juno (for any fans out there, the title of this blog will totally make sense to you) which put me in a MUCH better mood. Hey, burnt toast, I can live through. Being a knocked up 16 year old, now that's dramatic!

4 comments:

Cammie said...

I hate days like that, seriously...we all have them! But you're right, it could be worse. You could 16 and knocked up. Love the title of this post!

alison said...

what a hillarious post. I enjoyed reading your commentary, however, I am sad you had such a bad day!!! I know how those go! Hope things are looking sunnier today :)

Ashley said...

Kelly... I came across your blog through Tatum, I have loved reading what you are up to and I love your hair like that. Also Hayden is on PA school with Mark's wife, she says he is so smart!!! I would love to view your blog if that is okay!!! Let me know! Ashley McKell Christiansen....Go Spartans!!!

Tatum said...

My heart is warmed knowing that I am not the only one to experience such fiascos. This story makes me smile every time I think of it. For those that have known her for any length of time, you must agree, this is classic Kelly material.