Another Beautiful Day In Blingy-Ville!

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Cowboy (girl) Up Part II

I went and picked up our Lola at the groomer today. How cute is she? She is adjusting to country life quite well. Better than I hoped. She LOVES being outside, chasing the goats, barking at the cows, and she loves her new sis Molly. They get along so great! Here is a pic of Lola as a cowgirl:
On another note, the other night we had a scare. Lola was shivering, like she had the chills, licking her jaws constantly (which she does right before she pukes) so I took her outside. She started eating the grass; not like a couple blades, she was going to town. Hayden says when dogs have bad stomach aches, something in the grass calms their stomach?? Anyway, then she was walking all funny like she was going to fall over. We were so nervous! I thought she was having a stroke. Hayden and I had serious fear in our eyes (I can't tell you how attached to her we are). Anyway, so Hayden decided to take her temperature. I stood back, gagging and laughing at the same time and I knew I had to take a picture. I think she is breaking us in for parenthood. Wow, the drastic things you will do when you love a dog! It's ridiculous. Anyway, we took her to the vet the next day and she is perfectly OK. He chalked it up to a really bad stomach ache. She's all better. WHEW! Here is a pic of Hayden's doctoring skills:I still can't believe he took her temperature. Wow is all I have to say!

4 comments:

alison said...

HHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAHAAAHAHAHAHA. I am laughing out loud here at work! That is the funniest thing ever. Go Hayden. You're going to be such a great dad! Lola looks so cute in her cowgirl get-up. I'm sorry she had a tummy ache...but heavens..you are brave doggie parents to take her temp! Glad to hear she and Molly are getting along. I'm sure Danzer will fall in love with your doggies and the rest of the animals roaming in your backyard.

Mindy said...

This is the greatest thing I have ever read. I know how you feel I LOVE my dogs, and we would do anything for them.
p.s. She looks great as as a cow girl.

B-Ry, Tiff N The Mads said...

Oh My Hayden! You must really love that dog! I will admit that I have done a LOT of gross things for my animals to make them feel better, but even I haven't done that! Ü I still miss you guys!!!!

Tatum said...

Hayden is one brave man! Good grief, that is funny! Is Lola the cutest dog or what? I laugh just looking at her.