Another Beautiful Day In Blingy-Ville!

Friday, August 29, 2008

And the award goes to...

A couple nights ago I came home and as I walked into the living room I saw this...Yes friends, I realize it's just a recliner but the significance of it made my eyes fill with tears. Let me back up a few days and tell you why. So last weekish, we were in to Tab and Jamie's and the Olympics were on. I decided to sit down and watch them. Now, we don't own a recliner, and usually, I don't sit in them. For reasons I don't know. I usually just pick the couch I guess. But the recliner was the only seat open so I sat in it, pulled the lever back, and instantly felt like I had just walked into heaven!! The last few weeks have been a bit painful and uncomfortable for me. Our little guy is sitting so low and pushing on my sciatic nerve which causes me intense pain and the back pressure on top of it has brought me to tears several times. I don't talk about this much (except to Hayden and my mom and sister) because I am just SO grateful to be pregnant. I don't want to complain or whine at all (sometimes, I just have to though to Hayden and my mom and sis). Anyway, for some reason, when I sat in the recliner the position of my back and legs must have been just right because the pressure and pain instantly subsided! It was PURE BLISS! Jamie told me to take the recliner home for the next few weeks but of course, I told her no. So, a few nights later, Hayden decides he wants to show me something on the Internet so we ride into his grandparents house. I go to the computer room and check my email. I then call out to Hayden to come show me what he was looking at when his grandma tells me he left with Karson. Honestly, I was bit annoyed. Why did he drag me into his grandma's to show me something and then just leave, without telling me? So I call him and tell him that I was waiting for him. After like 30 minutes he finally comes back and tells me that Karson needed help with his brakes. OK, I decided to cut the kid some slack because he was helping his cousin. So we venture back home and as I walked into the living room, there was Jamie's recliner. He had borrowed it from them for the next month so that I could have some relief. I just wanted to cry and of course because I'm pregnant, I did. So, it's official, the award for Best Husband In The Entire Universe goes to Hayden John Behling!!!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm not even pregnant and that made me get all teary! Also, we have that little book that is on your couch and love it! Love you and hope you get some good, pain free days of rest in your new chair:) Jen

KINDER LOVE said...

Oh my...I feel you on the sciatic...mine started at month three and continued on until labor was over...then in an instant it was gone! Just a few more weeks..! I am just so happy for you really.

Randi said...

I'm glad you found us! Your house is so cute! Anyway you can call me whenever you want for a haircut, I have my own little shop. My number is 650 2806. Hope you guys are doing good, your baby is almost here, yeah!