Another Beautiful Day In Blingy-Ville!

Friday, August 8, 2008

Today...

Last night I couldn't sleep. I was tossing and turning and couldn't quite get to a deep sleep. I was feeling the normal uncomfortable aches in my back and hips, and the baby was doing his "Olympic swirls" is what I like to call them... but that wasn't the reason I couldn't sleep.

My mind was taking several trips down memory lane for the last 2.5 years. I was thinking about moving from sweet, sunny, warm St. George to the big bad city... and only one block away from a park where so many homeless lived (which at the time scared me to death). We were frightened, intimidated, and nervous little kids. I was thinking about all the hours spent apart, all the sacrifice Hayden had made, all the hard work (which I can't even comprehend). The hours and hours of studying. Many trips, parties, and family get togethers he had missed. All the tests, quizzes, projects, rotations. He has worked so tirelessly. And here we are, official graduation day, today is the first day he is an official PA.

I felt silly crying in bed, but I am SO PROUD of Hayden. I feel more pride for him and this accomplishment than anything I have ever accomplished for myself. I can't tell you the elation I feel for us today. I'm so proud of him, and so proud of us, for sticking it out together, through the ups and downs of grad school. We pushed right through and the gratification is indescribable.

So we are off.... jumping in the car right now to go to the graduation ceremony. Pictures will be posted ASAP.

CONGRATULATION HONEY!!!! YOU ROCK MY WORLD!

5 comments:

alison said...

You are such a good, cute, wife Kell! It's quite an accomplishment to make it through grad school--especially PA school where you and Hayden had to be separated so much. It is truly a test of your love for one another. Congratulations to you both. I'm sure Hayden couldn't have done it without your support! What a special day to celebrate!!! It's no wonder you couldn't sleep last night. Hugs to you both!!! Happy Graduation. Hayden will be an AWESOME PA.

Jenny said...

I was tossing and turning last night too! I thought to myself "I bet Joel's awake too, poor thing. So nervous about his speech." Then, I heard a big snore and he rolled over--definitely not having a hard time sleeping:)
What a journey, fellow PA wife! What a wonderful day it was today. Looking forward to visiting you guys soon out at the farm, Jen

The Yoder's Five said...

Way to go Hayden!!!!!!!! That is so AWESOME!! I envy the fact that you are done and Mark still has 8 months to go. But thanks for getting him to change his mind about being a med tech. I'm sure it will be worth trading in 2.5 years of our lives for...

Mark is leaving for his OB/GYN rotation 4 hours away on Monday. I'm glad we're not the only ones who have had to struggle and sacrifice for PA school! It's going to be a loooonnng 6 weeks.

B-Ry, Tiff N The Mads said...

Way to go Hayden!!! I know how hard it was on Kelly when you were away! What an awesome accomplishment! Good luck with everything ahead of you! We love you guys!

the Lola Letters said...

Congratulations! I swear, when I read your blog, I think you two are the sweetest, happiest couple I know. He's lucky to have such a great, supportive wife.