Another Beautiful Day In Blingy-Ville!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Danzer Jack's Nursery

Well friends, my work is done. Ha ha... I feel like I'm on top of the world! The nursery is all complete (except a crib skirt and valance that my mom is working on) and every time I walk down the hall and go into his room I just GRIN from ear to ear. We are currently on the serious countdown! My next appointment is Thursday so we will get a better idea if any progress of labor is going on. I sure hope so! We are just so excited!!! But, I'm more than happy to let our little one reside in his comfy home a while longer if he wants. I just want him to be good and ready to see us! Don't want to rush anything. Anywho... here are some pics of the nursery. I'm so in love with it! Thanks to my mom for her creative vision and hours spent on the bedding! Also, thanks to Jacki for helping me get it painted! I also can't thank the many many family and friends enough that showered us with gifts galore! There are so many adorable blankets and decorations that were just perfect for our little man's new room! And you should see the clothes! This kid is gonna be more stylin' than Hayden and I! We better upgrade our wardrobe! Some of you might have noticed that we finally found Danzer's middle name. It's going to be Jack after Hayden's grandpa. Grandpa Jack has been such a big part of Hayden's life. He has helped us so much with our house and continues to come out daily to help Hayden work on the farm and odd jobs. He is so funny and he makes us laugh so much. He's taken a permanent place in my heart as well. We both love him and couldn't be more honored than to have our son carry his name! So without further delay... here is my masterpiece!

My old co-worker Tiffini gave us the DANZER sign... it is SO ADORABLE! The dressers were my mom's when she was little. She gave me the idea to paint one black and one white and then switch up the drawers. She's got such vision I tell ya!
I got the idea for the lights from my sister. She has pink flower lights in Roo's nursery and I love them! When I went to Ikea, they had bright green bugs! PERFECT! You can't see the ribbon on the lamp shade very well but I took green and black polka-dot ribbon and added them to some plain white lamp shades I had. Turned out so great!
Here is the adorable bedding my mom made! I love it! The quilt hanging on the crib was made by our Aunt Jamie! SO CUTE! The quilt on the rocker was made by my sister... SO CUTE! The rocker used to be my moms and the mirror was my sisters. I love that the nursery has so much sentimental furniture in it.
This book shelf was Hayden's during college. It stored many many books of medical knowledge. Now is stores many many blankies to keep our guy warm and many books to make him smart like his daddy! I don't know if you can see the Caterpillar on the second shelf, but it was hand made by my dad's best friend Terry Tidwell. He made it in less than a week! He is so talented!
Here is the magnet board that I made. I think it turned out pretty great if I do say so myself.
I got the cute frog for the inside of his closet drawer from Ikea too! Love it! All his clothes are washed and ready to go!

12 comments:

Tanner and Kristin said...

The nursery is amazing! Such fabulous decorating action. Danzer Jack will be lucky to have such a fun room to call "home." We can't wait to meet and love him!!

Mindy said...

I have been waiting to see his room. It turned out so good. I can't wait for us to have our babies, I have to go to the doctor on Thursday to, but I am having really hard contractions right now, so maybe sometime soon I will pop.

The Skiby Family said...

Great work, Kelly. It is amazing. Just waiting for a baby to fill it up.

The Steel's said...

Oh Darling..love it! Love the colors! I made a similar magnet board for Tate, very cute! I love when people use their maiden names for their children..wouldn't work for me, but I love it!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh what a cute room! Can I hire you as a personal decorator and a personal hairstylist?

The Yoder's Five said...

Wow. his room looks just as amazing as the rest of your house. What a happy looking nursery!

Good luck with these last few weeks. (Get some sleep while you can)

Dayna said...

I love your room!!! Great work girl! That feels so good to have done uh! I hope the delivery goes well for you! Hang in there the last few weeks are so very NOT fun!!! But it will be over soon enough and next thing you know you're lil' guy is almost a year old - like mine!!
They are so much fun!! I am so excited for you guys!!!

Nicole said...

The nursery looks great! I can not believe how creative you and your mom are. I am jealous! I hope that the delivery goes well. Enjoy what sleep you can get right now!

Kelli said...

Hey Kelly!
OK, so ever since the shower, I have been checking your blog for these pictures! I love it! You did a great job. Now just get that little guy here to enjoy it! Good job! Maybe you can come decorate my boys rooms now!
I'll send you an invite to my blog today. Sorry - I keep forgetting!
Love ya, Kelli

The Smith's said...

Kelly I can't believe you married Hayden. I feel so disconnected from Emery county since my parents moved to Oregon. I am slowly getting in touch with everyone. Congrats on the baby and your nursery is so cute. I love the magnetic board. Your so creative and innovated with your decor.

KINDER LOVE said...

Such a cute room! Congrats!

Nick and Stacey said...

Yeah I love all the pictures...of course you guys are all so talented, I didn't expect anything less than perfection! So Cute!