Another Beautiful Day In Blingy-Ville!

Monday, April 19, 2010

Hello World! My name is Ellys!

Here she is! Meet baby Ellys Anne Behling (pronounced like Ellis Island)! She is SOOOOO adorable and such a GREAT baby! She only fusses when she is hungry and loves to be snuggled. She is such an amazing blessing in our lives! I cannot express how much I already love this little beauty!
First bath at home tonight. She hated being so cold!
I had to throw in a pic of Danzer. He is just too cute! He LOVES "baby sissy!" soooo much and always wants to love her and give her kisses. It is ABSOLUTELY the cutest thing I have ever seen!
Just sleeping before bath time.


Here we are together just seconds after being born. She is amazing!


We finally decided on a name when we left the hospital on Sunday. Unga (grandma Jacki) came up with the name. We spelled it like KELLY but without the K and adding the S. Her middle name Anne is after my mom and my sister. Both of their middle names are Anne. We were supposed to be induced on Tuesday the 20th but she decided to make her appearance a little early! After getting up at 4 in the morning and thinking I was having some seriously strong gas pains.... I started timing these said gas pains and realized they were 7 minutes apart! Um, HELLO, you are in labor Kelly! We got showered and cleaned up and headed to the hospital. At 11am they checked me and I was dilated to a 3. I labored all day and at 4pm I got an epidural and they checked me again. I was only dilated to a 4. I had gone 1cm in 5 hours. I was so discouraged. The doctor came to break my water and it broke on its own right in front of her. After the dr left, they checked me again and I went from 4cm to 8cm in 20 minutes! They called my Dr. to come back and by 5pm I was fully dilated and started to push. She was born at 5:22pm. She has the most beautiful big lips, gorgeous eyes, and is so dainty and petite. We just LOVE her. She is so so so sweet! We are so grateful to Heavenly Father for her. She is an immense blessing in our lives! Love you baby Ellys!

11 comments:

The Phelps said...

She is beautiful! I love her name. Hope you are enjoying Texas. One of these days we'll wind up in the same state! HOpe you are feeling well! Beautiful family!

The Skiby Family said...

She's so cute. Great name and you look lovely. Congrats. Love and miss you.

The Yoder's Five said...

I love her tiny, dainty little face!! I can't believe you labored for so long...blech! At least you're not pregnant anymore.

Love her name, by the way. I'm glad Danzer isn't too jealous (yet).

It all started with a Kiss... said...

Oh she is BEAUTIFUL!!! Congrats!!! It's amazing how old Danzer looks now that you have a new baby in the house! I'm glad he's LOVING her!:)

Toni Dee! said...

Congratulations! Girls are SO SO SO fun! I'm so glad that you had a good delivery and your body took care of you (easier than when the Dr. does it in my opinion). You look amazing and I love her name!!!

Amber said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful.

Sitterud Family said...

OOOHH she is such a doll!!! And you look extra pretty for having had a full day of labor!!! I am so happy for you guys!!

Congrats!

Marrissa said...

She is absolutely adorable!! I love the name too. :) Miss you!!!

Tatum said...

She is a doll, Kell! I keep trying to decide who she looks like, but there will be plenty of time for that. Thanks for sharing- so glad things went well and she is here, safe and sound! Enjoy the pinkness that is about to take over your life! We are so happy for you guys! love ya!

Tate

Skelley Family said...

Wow Kelly! Congrats to you guys! She is absoluely gorgeous. I see Danzer in her.....soooooo much! Love your little place, your little town, and your little family! We miss you guys but are so happy your happy. Life looks great for yall. Its still dandy here in Blingyville!!!! Love ya,
Molly

Behling Family said...

She is so gorgeous and totally perfect!! Congratulations!! I love the name. And you look so very pretty to have just gone through labor all day!!!