Another Beautiful Day In Blingy-Ville!

Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Pop Pop's Day!

We were so lucky to have mom and dad come up to the city this weekend for the dance recital and for Father's Day. The day before, we made dinner for dad before the recital. On Sunday, we met at Cracker Barrel to enjoy some breakfast. It was delicious! Here are some pics of Pop Pop opening his present...



As most of you know, my dad is a FANATIC of restored cars. He has a restored 67 Chevelle SS and is getting ready to start on a Thunderbird he bought last year. Well, last summer, my mom and dad were at a car show when the editor of Chevelle World Magazine approached him and was asking my dad about his Chevelle. My dad almost passed out. Later into the conversation, the editor asked if he could do a photo shoot of my dad's car and publish it in an upcoming issue of the magazine. AWESOME! After the photo shoot, the editor asked my dad to compile some stories, information, etc... about the car. When my parents returned home, my mom and dad asked me to write some memories of the car so they could include it with theirs. We almost died when we received the magazine a few weeks ago. The editor took my story, word for word, and published it in the magazine and entitled it "Dad's Dream." I was in shock! I couldn't believe it! So yea folks, I'm kinda famous. I'm willing to give you my autograph, but please keep my where-abouts on the down low. The paparazzi is a pain the the patella! Ha ha!

Here is another pic at breakfast. Ya Ya and her girlies! So cute!

3 comments:

Tatum said...

Was there ever a cuter Dad or a more beautiful Ya Ya? I have always loved your Dad.

Ok, this magazine article is a HUGE DEAL! How cool is that? Pop Pop and his car are cover models! How much cooler is it that they used YOUR story? Since I started reading your blog I've been blown away by what a good writer you are. I'm not surprised they took your article verbatim, but congrats! That is the coolest! I have to go get the mag!

Mindy said...

As you know your parents are the coolest. And how much fun for your dad and of course you guys to have his car and story published. Way cool.

the Lola Letters said...

Wow, your mom is so gorgeous - and always has been - and you and your sis obviously didn't fall very far from that tree! Congrats to your dad too - what a great gift idea for him.