Another Beautiful Day In Blingy-Ville!

Monday, January 5, 2009

Our First Battle....

Our little Danzer Jack is battling his first illness. This has been the scene at our house for the last 5 days. Poor bugger. At first, I thought "it's just a cold" and as the days (and nights) have worn on, we are officially battling RSV. Today, I took him to the hospital to check his oxygen. He was hovering around 88-90, and usually babies are admitted to the hospital if they are below 90. Our Dr. knows Danzer is in good hands with his daddy around so we took him back to the doctors office where Hayden works and gave him a breathing treatment. Next I went to X-Ray. THANKFULLY he doesn't have pneumonia. We're just watching over him with an eagle's eye, watching every little breath to make sure he is going to be OK. It's so sad to watch him struggle to breath, to hear him wheeze, to see the expression on his face when he coughs so hard, and to watch him sneeze and sneeze and sneeze. It breaks a mother's heart I tell ya! I really have backed off the last couple months on monitoring the hand washing of our visitors and of ourselves... but it looks like the drill sargent is back in town! WASH WASH WASH! We will keep you posted...

7 comments:

Lisa said...

aw, poor little guy, hope he gets better soon!! That is rough and no fun:(
we will hope the best for him!

Kelli said...

Poor little man! That's hard. Caleb got RSV when he was only six weeks old. So, I know exactly how you feel. Hope he gets better soon!

Marrissa said...

Oh no! That is terrible news. I wish him a speedy recovery!!

Mindy said...

Oh Kelly I am so sorry . That is the worst. With my other kids I was not so strict on hand washing, but with Taylor I have been. I don't know if it is the kids in school, and I don't have time for sick kids. I would not even let Grandma JoeAnn see her. She had a sinus infection and broncitous. (can't spell). She said she was not contagious, but you just never know. Enough about me, sorry, I get a little carried away. I hope everything goes well with Danzer, give him a love from me. Love you!!!

Jana said...

Tyce got RSV when he was 3 weeks old. It was so hard sitting in the hospital for those 6 days just praying that he would get better. That is a nasty virus. I hope that he gets feeling better!

Jenny said...

Oh man--the dreaded RSV. I know it is no fun for any of you! Thankfully he is a healthy little guy and I'm sure he'll be back to his "old" self soon! Love you guys, Jen

Nick and Stacey said...

Oh man, that is no fun! But it must be a relief to have Hayden around to know what to do! What a blessing!