Another Beautiful Day In Blingy-Ville!

Friday, October 30, 2009

My Pops

This is my dad:
And today, he officially retired! I am so stinkin' happy for him and my mom. This is a huge step in their lives. It's also weird... that my parents are at this stage of life. They seem much too young. My dad has worked for Utah Power for 40-ish years. Something that is unheard of these days. He started there in his early 20's and has worked hard every single days since then. Although my dad probably doesn't realize it... he has taught me a lot about work ethics. He taught me to work hard at every job, to do it right, the first time (if possible), even if no one is watching... and to take pride in a job well done. I'm very very appreciative to him for this example. Of course, this is just one tiny reason why I look up to him. There is a whole universe of reasons to look up to this man. But this blog is much too small to house them all. So I will end with a CONGRATS dad! You did it! Now you kick your feet up and relax! (that is, unless we need help on the farm ;) ). LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

Amie said...

OH! Congrats to Kirk and Leslie! He is a great man from my memories, and from everything I've heard about him since. :)

Anonymous said...

What a cute Dad and what an awesome accomplishment!!!