Another Beautiful Day In Blingy-Ville!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A trip to the city!

Last week, my mom and I ventured to the city to visit my sister and her family. Seriously, nothing gets me more excited than knowing I'm going to see her beautiful face and have her three princesses around me. Her husband is a serious catch and I love being with him as well. We are truly blessed! Of course, my nieces adore me... as I am their favorite Aunt ;). Just ask them, they will tell you! We were able to just hang out and eat yummy food. We also got to spend time with my Grandma Ollie who is a serious firecracker. She is one awesome grandma.
I had two VERY memorable experiences while I was there. Although Pai's birthday was in June... I finally took her out on her birthday date. Yes, slacker Aunt. I never forgot... we just were always so busy on all our previous trips. Anywho, Pai wanted to go out for Chinese so... Chinese it was! She entertained me with lots of laughs and hysterical comments which were true Paityn style. She is one in a million.
My sister and I were able to attend the temple together. Our Grandma Helen had asked us to do her temple work before she passed away. So, we spent time together in the most peaceful and amazing place in the world... with grandma present. The spirit was VERY strong and I felt just as if she was sitting beside us. I know she was. I will never forget that experience and look forward to when my sister and I can return again together to finish up her work.
We ran our kids all over... and of course... they were exhausted. (see below)
I can't wait to go back and visit again SOON! From the very SECOND I leave I get so sad and homesick for them. I miss them EVERY day and wish I could see them more often. They make my heart so happy. One of the best things to witness is Roo and Danzer together. They are true buddies. Loving, kissing, and hugging each other. It's the cutest thing in the world. My two oldest nieces also adore Danzer and it seriously melts my heart. I think my sister and Tanner think he's pretty awesome too ;). I just can't believe sometimes that I am so lucky to have a family like this. I am truly, truly blessed!

3 comments:

Ben & Kim said...

Oh that sounds like the best time ever! Family is the greatest! And YOU are the best Aunt ever!

Tanner and Kristin said...

Ohhhhh...you are the best Auntie ever! My girlies adore you...and so do I! Love your guts and can't wait for your next visit.

Anonymous said...

Great post Kelly! How cool about your Grandma...what an awesome experience. I too love to visit my family...nothing like it in the world...especially when you live away from them!!!