Another Beautiful Day In Blingy-Ville!

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Baby Update- Part II

Went to the Dr. again today. I'm still at a 1 but 80% effaced. The doc says usually on your first you thin all the way and then dilate. So, good progress I guess. He stripped the membranes and it was a cake walk. I had it all worked up in my head. But it really wasn't bad at all. Anyway, we are keeping our fingers crossed that this might get things a shakin'. I'm off to go for a power walk. I'm trying to do everything I can to get our little man here! If this doesn't work, we are headed back to the Dr. on Wednesday where he will strip the membranes again and if I'm not in labor by Thursday night (the 18th) then he will induce me. So I guess we will have this baby by next week for sure! YIPEE! We can't wait to see his sweet little face and kiss him! THANKS to all of you for your love, support, and encouragement. I didn't realize how much the end of your pregnancy can drag. It seems like I'm watching the minute hand on the clock tick by. Just waiting. Love you all! Kelly

10 comments:

Sitterud Family said...

Kelly, buck-up and take castor oil already!! JK Sounds like things are going good and you can totally handle another week...that is nothing compared to the 9 months you have already indured. Good luck

things we love... said...

Kell, maybe it is because I am "emotional", but I am so excited for you. This might sound crazy but I love labor. It is such an adrenaline rush. Everyone thinks I am nuts, but there is nothing like it!!!! I am soooo excited to see your little one and for you to experience labor!! YIPEE!!!! Love you and good luck!!!!!!! We will be thinking of you!!!!!!

MaKayle said...

I'm just so excited for you guys! I can barely contain it! Good luck with everything!

Tanner and Kristin said...

Hang in there, hon. The best is yet to come!! Love you!

Nick and Stacey said...

I am so excited for you! How fun! I got my membranes stripped with Faye, and I think I worked myself up too, it just sound like it would be painful besides...but I think I also worked myself up so much! I can't wait to see pictures of that cute little baby!

Sitterud Family said...

Hey I knda comment alot on your blog....sorry. Anyway I forgot to guess a price on that house! Is it the one on the way to Price? Ummm, I will say that he is asking alot more than it is worth...around 200,000?? I don't know you tell me!

The Yoder's Five said...

You life is going to change SO dramatically in this next week. I hope you're prepared to have a tiny baby permanently turn your world upside-down! You'll love it!

Sitterud Family said...

Yeah, don't take. You only have a few more days left! Yikes about the homes for sale! That is a ton. My brother sold his modular with like 10 acres and he sold it for like $190,000. You guys aren't planning on moving anytime soon are you? I hope not because it will be fun to be neighbor!!!

Cammie said...

He'll be here in NO TIME!! Enjoy your last few days and brace yourself for a beautiful journey!

Jilyan said...

So, tell Dr. Gagon that if it doesn't hurt it doesn't work so no kindness next time. Hope you don't need it. Good luck! By the way if you need any farm help while you're sitting around feeding, kissing and wiping a new baby let me know. I would love to come to the country.