Another Beautiful Day In Blingy-Ville!

Monday, September 22, 2008

Life as a Mama....

Wow! That was the coolest experience I've ever had! Labor and delivery was much better than I had it worked up in my head to be. We went in and I had an epidural about 3 hours in. I wanted to wait longer, but the girl across the hall was getting one and the nurse encouraged me to get one while the anesthesiologist was there. So hesitantly I did. Boy was I glad! I was so relaxed. So I was thinking I would get some good rest but every time I would lay on my side or lay down, Danzer's heart rate would drop. So I had to sit upright for 19 hours of labor. He also had his hand on top of his head and the dreaded C-Section word started drifting around and I was so scared and nervous. Luckily, when I was completely dilated, Dr. Gagon was able to push his hand far enough down so I could deliver. I only pushed through 4 contractions and he was here! It was wonderful! I just can't describe how much I love this little boy. He melts my heart in every single way. I just can't thank my Father in Heaven enough for this miracle. We waited SO LONG to have him, and he was worth every little second. Anyway, being home has been wonderful. Nursing has been a struggle but we are getting the hang of it. He currently has his nights and days mixed up, but I'm so happy to see his beautiful face when I walk over to his bassinet. It's so amazing to see Hayden with him too. He is the BEST daddy ever!!! Oh my, I just can't tell you. He just waits on us hand and foot and is so sweet with him. I really don't think life can get sweeter than this! Here are some more pics of Danzer. He has changed so much since he was born! He's so handsome!

19 comments:

Tanner and Kristin said...

He seriously gets cuter with every passing day! I love, love, love him. Let's get the webcam-action going again...I didn't get to see him yesterday and am having serious withdrawals! Love you!!

B-Ry, Tiff N The Mads said...

Kel~ He is just beautiful! I'am glad you are feeling well and taking to motherhood just as I knew you would! Love ya!

The Yoder's Five said...

He is a beautiful baby!! I can't believe you had 19 hours of labor. UGH you poor thing. Thank goodness for epidurals...

Nursing really isn't fun at first. It hurts and takes so much work. It does get better, but I highly recommend having him take a bottle as well--you will be thankful to get a break! (And all that about nipple confusion is mostly hype. JUST DO IT.)

I was tied down for over two years with a baby who wouldn't take a bottle! Yes,ma'am that's right! Madelyn didn't stop nursing completely till she was two years and three months! "AAACK!" is right! Those small children sure can be stubborn!

Jeremiah and Cassidy said...

He is absolutely precious! The pictures honestly brought tears to my eyes, Sis. I can't tell you enough how happy I am for you. You are going to be a wonderful mother!

J&J said...

He is so beautiful! I'm so glad everything went well! Now just enjoy because they do not stay little for long, they really grow up way too fast!

Mindy said...

Oh Kelly, he is so cute, I am so happy for you guys. I am not getting any sleep either, so we should call each other at 4 in the morning.

Nick and Stacey said...

So cute! I am so glad everything went so well! It is crazy how different they start to look in just a few days! He is beautiful...Hayden did say he was man enough to be called beautiful right ;)

The Phelps said...

Congratulations! He is adorable! I'm so glad labor and delivery went so well for you. Good luck with the nursing! I know you will be such a fun mom! Wish we were closer to hang out with all these cute kids. Love ya!

Brett and Chanel Giles Family said...

Congrats! He is so handsome!

Megan said...

Awwe, he is so handsome! Enjoy being a mom, its kind of like christmas morning over and over again huh? Cherish this time while he's so little, they start running around and telling you no no no before you know it!

The Barton's said...

Congrats you guys! He is a doll! I want to hold that little guy! Sad I am so far away! Shelley told us all the news so I had to check the blog! He is so precious! Lots of love! Kelli you look GREAT! It doesn't even look like you just had a baby! Gorgeous! Love you!

Jilyan said...

I am slow on the congrats, but they are heartfelt. Hayd, who knew you would grow up from that little boy selling frogs at the Merc into a PA with a family all his own. I am so proud of you cuz! You picked a fabulous wife (yes Kel I know you picked him) and made a georgeous baby! Love you guys!

Sitterud Family said...

Oh the lovely Epidural, sometimes I just want one before I go to sleep. I loved it! Congrats! I feel you on the Nursing, but it really gets better.

Nicole said...

He is so handsome. You are lucky to have him and he is lucky to have you. You two will be awesome parents. Enjoy this time, it is the best.

Tuesdee said...

He is such a handsome looking baby! Well done mama! :) By the way it is totally unfair you look so fantastic after giving birth. You guys are going to be amazing parents. Our best wishes and congratulations!!!

Aimee said...

Just had to check out your blog and tell you Danzer is pretty dang cute on the blog but he's even cuter and tinier in real life. After the shower I was thinking how good you looked and I kicked myself for not telling you when I saw you. So--You look fantastic!!!

whiteselfamily said...

Holly Cow he is CUTE!!! Good job mom and dad! I can't wait to see you. I will bring your car seat cover over soon. Congratulations!!!

Carrie said...

Congrats! He is adorable. It was good to see both of you at the shower. You look great!!

Jami & Mark said...

Hey congrats on the lil one! You are probably wondering who the heck I am......but I know Hayden from PA school and my husband Mark McKell is from Ferron. Glad to see you are doing well back there close to home! I am sure everyone loves seeing Hayden, his is the smartest guy in the class! Well, take care and enjoy all the moments!