Another Beautiful Day In Blingy-Ville!

Monday, February 2, 2009

Lola, Lolers, Lola-kins, Sis

I won't make it through this post with out crying. OK, already... the tears are welling in my eyes. Those of you who know me, know that we ADORE our Lola. She's our first dog. We got her when Hayden was starting all of his rotations and would be gone for long periods of time. I needed a companion and friend. Well, Lola was not only that, she was my baby. She has become part of our family. Even our parents love her. Lola, from day 1, has let us know that she thinks she's the boss. Although I found this endearing and cute... it's become a problem since Danzer was born. At first, she just ignored him... but now that he's getting older... she thinks he's part of our pack. Well, I guess last week Lola snapped at my niece Raegan and I knew we might be in trouble. Then, on Sunday, Lola was sitting next to Danzer on the couch and Danzer got his little fingers twirled up in her tail and must have pulled. When I walked around the corner I saw Lola turn sharply to defend herself. I yelled at her quickly and swatted her bum. She didn't bite him... but she was about to. I can't blame her... she was just doing what comes naturally to her. But, we can't risk that with Danzer around the house. So, we are currently trying to find her a new home. I've been so upset and sick to my stomach. We have a couple really amazing older couples that are looking into her. She is great with older kids and adults... but not with babies and toddlers. I really feel like we are giving away a child. This is by far... the hardest thing I've had to do thus far. But, I absolutely refuse to let her go to just anyone... so we are making sure these couples know everything about her and will take immaculate care of her.
Lola, we love you, we will MISS you more than you will ever know!


11 comments:

Mindy said...

Kel, I'm so sorry. That sucks. Our dog does the same thing. He does not like Mason very well. But he is outside most of the day so it really is not a big deal. I wish Barbara and Jon would look at her. They had to put there dog pete down about 2 months ago, but they said they could not have another dog. Good Luck.

Jeremiah and Cassidy said...

Kelly, I'm so sorry! That is so sad :( But it's scary when they start to snap at kids. It was difficult for a couple weeks with Austin and teaching Harley that Austin is a not a toy. They're doing MUCH better together and Harley doesn't like to leave Aussie's side. Good luck on finding great new owners. I'm sure she will be well taken care of.

Marrissa said...

Poor Lola! :(
I wish I was allowed to have a pet and then I'd take her. If I can think of anyone that she'd be perfect for I'll let ya know. Hang in there! Love ya!!

Bre.Sean.Blake said...

Oh geezo. I am so sorry! I had to kick Wrigley in the face one day when he got too close to Blake. You have to do what is best for Danzer tho. Oh- I wish I knew of a good couple for her. I'm so sorry Kell. Hang in thr. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Kelly, I can take her! I don't know if I would be your ideal candidate but I am willing. What is your time frame?

therobertsonfam said...

Kelly I am so very sorry to hear that, but it is just showing how good of parents you are. If something bad happened you would never forgive yourself. My parents dog bit my niece and it was bad, they will never forget it, it was the most horrible thing. I am sure its so hard tho. Good luck finding someone ! Hang in there !

things we love... said...

I am so sorry, she is so cute that it won't be hard to find her a good home!!! You are such a great mommy, you are taking great care of both of your babies!!!!! Miss you!

Amie said...

Kel- you have gazillions of people on your blog list! I saw your comment on Tiff's blog and it made me want to let you know that I love to visit your blog! You do a great job! (Sorry about Lola!) I'm glad I visited today, because I've been wondering where Kris is, and now I know! It's so sweet seeing how close your family is!

alison said...

Good luck with Lola. I'm sure it's difficult to send her to another home. She'll find some good owners though, I just know it! By the way, our home has 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. Tons of room for your cute family to visit! ...just not sure if you actually WANT to come visit. The beach is close by. ;) It would be an adventure. Love ya!

Tanner and Kristin said...

Oh, these pictures make me so sad. Poor Lolakins. I know you're doing the right thing, but that doesn't make it any easier. I'm proud to say that Disney is POSTED! WaaaaHooo!

Tatum said...

Kell, my heart hurts for you...this is like giving up a child. I know you'll find her a good home. I'm thinking of you, so hang in there.